Welcome to Allergy & Asthma Proceedings
Noteworthy in AAP
Corticosteroid-related toxicity in patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria‐chronic spontaneous urticaria
Ledford, Dennis; Broder, Michael S.; Antonova, Evgeniya; Omachi, Theodore A.; Chang, Eunice; Luskin, Allan
Patients with chronic urticaria treated with oral corticosteroids have an increased risk of oral corticosteroid-related side effects and higher total health care costs [ read more >>> ]
Subcutaneous administration of human C1 inhibitor with recombinant human hyaluronidase in patients with hereditary angioedema
Riedl, Marc A.; Lumry, William R.; Li, H. Henry; Banerji, Aleena; Bernstein, Jonathan A.; Baş, Murat; Björkander, Janne; Magerl, Markus; Maurer, Marcus; Rockich, Kevin; Chen, Hongzi; Schranz, Jennifer
Results of a randomized, double-blind, dose-ranging, crossover study of subcutaneous, plasma-derived C1 inhibitor with the dispersing agent, recombinant human hyaluronidase in 47 patients with the diagnosis of HAE [ read more >>> ]
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease phenotypes, biomarkers, and prognostic indicators
Brightling, Christopher E.
Reviews the use of biomarkers for multi-dimensional phenotyping provides important clinical insights that enable the clinician to move towards a precision medicine approach for COPD [ read more >>> ]
Intravenous and subcutaneous immunoglobulin G replacement therapy
Bonilla, Francisco A.
Extends our knowledge regarding primary immunodeficiency, reviewing IV and SC IgG replacement therapy [ read more >>> ]
Journal Key Features
- Edited by Joseph A. Bellanti, M.D.
- Impact factor: 2.709
- New submissions doubled to >300/yr
- Circulation doubled to 5,000 in 2011
- Rapid publication – no backlog!
- Over 14,675 pages of archives online
- Indexed by NLM’s PubMed/Medline & the Web of Science
- Targeted to Clinicians (Allergy, ENT and Pulmonary)
- Optional e-pub before print, open access & expedited services
- Highly read – top 1% of Journals for full text downloads
- Spanning a broad range of allergy societies
- Content online at: ingentaconnect.com/content/ocean/aap
Allergy-Immunology Syllabus 2012
In this 111 page syllabus, in its second release, Allergy & Asthma Proceedings editors and authors have distilled the most important, practical information on topics essential to the education of Training Program Directors and fellows in the fields of allergy, asthma and immunology.